Let's reimagine education 💡 Call for submissions!

Thank you for joining #WCCS20! Now, we’re challenging you to create a “Welcome Back” video for your students!

As we plan for reopening the school year, we can’t plan for business as usual. We have an opportunity to reimagine education. @nathan.lang-raad shared that we must focus on:

:clapper: Social-Emotional Learning: Students’ and teachers’ physical, mental, emotional, social well-being must be the priority. Everything else is built from caring and responsive SEL culture.

:clapper: Engagement: More than ever, we have to design instruction and learning experiences in a way that encourages deeper engagement.

:clapper: Meaningful Feedback Over Grades: We know grades don’t motivate nor do they truly tell us where a student is on their learning journey. Great teachers think about the skills and knowledge that students must be able to demonstrate and how they can provide feedback to help them get there.

With this in mind, we’re challenging you to create a “Welcome Back” video to your students to check-in and set the tone for the school year.

Deadline is August 15th - Submissions are now closed. Thank you for participating!

Keep an eye out for details, ideas, and support from your PLN in the community and with our Ambassadors.

2 Likes

Sure, yes would like to be part of this challenge, accepted

2 Likes

Awesome! The call for submissions will be open through Aug 15th and we’ll be offering opportunities to come together and support one another. More soon!

Share a link to your creation here: https://creators.wevideo.com/challenges/123

1 Like

I will like to participate in the challenge.

2 Likes

Amazing! Can’t wait to see what you create :partying_face:

I am definitely going to submit…I already have ideas!!!

1 Like

Amazing! :star_struck: Been seeing some great submissions already!

I’m so excited to announce that we have ask me anything sessions planned this week with our fabulous WeVideo Education Ambassadors :star_struck: We’re here to help with your back to school creations!

Mark your calendar, join us, and get help with WeVideo:

• AMA Session - Rhonda Jenkins @rhonda.jenkins Tuesday, August 11⋅1:00 – 1:30pm PT
  • AMA Session - Matthew Winters @matthew.winters Wednesday, August 12⋅1:00 – 1:30pm PT
  • AMA Session - Maury Wood @themaurywood Thursday, August 13⋅1:30 – 2:00pm PT
  • AMA Session - Manny Curiel @manny.curiel Thursday, August 13⋅5:00 – 5:30pm PT
1 Like

Fantastic, can’t wait to see your Welcome Back to School Videos!

1 Like

So excited to be helping with this! Bring on those great questions!

1 Like

I’m unable to submit my video! So here is a youtube link for my Welcome back video. I love that SEL is a focus - it is essential. Here is a video I made on SEL using Wevideo. SEL Video

2 Likes

These are amazing @brian.randall :star_struck: Thanks for sharing!

I didn’t get this finished until the 16th because of some things that came up but here is mine. https://youtu.be/c0oAG9J7SkM

1 Like

Thank you, this looks great! :smiley:

Thank you all for your submissions! The challenge is now closed. Be on the lookout for shout outs in the coming weeks. Thanks for sharing your creations!